It’s the perfect time of the year for all of Max’s non-school going pals to hang out, play a little poker, have a little party.
No one suspects a few apparitions floating around when the living is running all over wearing funny masks and silly paint on their faces. Rosenthal mentioned that he just about busted a gut laughing when a little dude walk by him, wearing a white sheet, and making wooooh’ing sounds. Yep, said it almost made him pee his pants. Course the only one who’d see that would be other real ghosts.
Max told me that Holbrook said he would gladly remind Rosenthal about wetting his britches everyday til…well, until Holbrook got tired of it. Never! Anyway…With all those scary costumes running a muck, the ghosts from DunMuller’s books are gathering together and hiding out in the B and B’s basement and need some treat ideas.
So,in celebration of the upcoming Halloween holiday, Max has put together a Seek-A-Treat. Share your favorite scary recipe and Max and I will pick our favorite one and send you a DunMuller Mansion T-shirt or Mug and an autographed card from me and Max. (Rosenthal says he can’t sign nothing, he’s a ghost and ghost can’t hold a pen. But he can hold a card? Interesting?)
Here is mine and Max’s contribution; we really enjoy these tasty little sandwiches. They’re perfect for a quick meal between pillow load drop offs.
Spooky Monster Sandwiches Recipe
Spooky Monster Sandwiches Recipe photo by
Home Test Kitchen Spooky Monster Sandwiches Recipe
- Prep: 35 min.
- Yield: 12 Servings
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, optional
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 dinner rolls, split and toasted
- 1 jar (15 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 24 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 12 pimiento strips
- 6 whole baby dill pickles, cut in half lengthwise
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cranberries if desired, mayonnaise, onion, celery, salt and pepper. Fill rolls with chicken mixture.
- Heat cheese sauce to soften; drizzle or pipe over top of each sandwich to resemble hair. For each monster sandwich, attach olives for eyes, pimiento strips for noses and pickles for fangs. Yield: 1 dozen.
***And remember ===CARRY A LIGHT, ALWAYS WALK WITH A FRIEND AND STAY SAFE so that you can read about Darcy in the next book from the DunMuller Mansion Series.
From Max and Me.